Thursday, September 15, 2011

Windshield wipers on Carvan make noise constantly - help!?

I have a 2000 Dodge Caravan. I change my windshield wipers at least every 3 to 5 months. They make horrendous noise when they are working - the noise sounds like they are rubbing on a dry surface when in reality the rain is coming down in buckets. They work but the noise is so annoying that you just want to turn them off and drive in the rain - not a good choice.



My husband says they are not %26quot;turning over%26quot; from one side to the other and that's what is causing this horrible noise. If that is the case, what can I do about it -
Windshield wipers on Carvan make noise constantly - help!?
Try using Rain-x washer fluid. This should stop the noise.
Windshield wipers on Carvan make noise constantly - help!?
Get a set of triple edge wipers. They are a little more expensive but they have a life time warrany on them and are silicon impregnated to keep them from chattering like you described. I've never had a set make noise
in your case, theres an old mechanics saying, if it aint busted, dont fix it, clean the edges of the blades with a soft rag soaked in rubbing alcohol
next time you wash your car, clean your windshield with a liquid cleanser ( with no grit) and then use rain-ex.

it sounds like you may have something sticky on your windshield

that you can't see
My wipers make this noise also when I turn them on. It sounds like a scrubbing noise almost. I'll tell you what works for me. Keep windshield washer fluid in the reservoir, every time you turn the wipers on spray some fluid on the windshield even though it is raining. This is what I do and mine stops the noise and works like they are suppose to. I have not changed my wiper blades in probably two years and they are still in good shape.