Thursday, September 15, 2011

What to do in a rain when I dont have back windshield wiper ? Help plzz?

I have a 2002 corolla CE , so it doesn't have back windshield wiper . I am a new driver though, so it's really scary sometimes when it's raining and I dont have vision in the back , from the sides , rain drops blur every glasses they stick too.

What 's your advice ?



Just a few more questions I 'd like to ask too ,

pretty silly though,

When changing gears , D to R and vice versa , I heard strange noise somewhat sounded like belt gripping in rainy day, that only came off when I RELEASE the brake ! good chance it was a transmission problem ?



I am told that I have to apply the brake ALL the way down before changing gears ( automatic transmission ) otherwise I would damage the transmission . Is it true ?
What to do in a rain when I dont have back windshield wiper ? Help plzz?
for your back windshield try using rain-x i have used it before and it works pretty good.



You can always keep your glass pretty clean and it should just roll off anyways.
What to do in a rain when I dont have back windshield wiper ? Help plzz?
If you don't have rain-x just use a spray on wax it works great.



The noise could be the drive belt but yes you need to fully stop before changing gears.



Yes you will damage the transmission.
You can get a bottle of rainx for 3 bucks. A blown transmission is close to 500 for a manual.
Stop driving in reverse, Absolutely ok to shift into any gear you desire while driving at any speed.
I agree with P-nut.

Rain-X all the windows on your car. When it rains, you will be amazed how well you can see. Use your wipers as little as possible. That what wears off the Rain-X.

As long as your car is stopped, changing gears from R to D or D to R will not cause damage to the transmission.

Remember, a car can be stopped after releasing the brake pedal. Then change gears. Transmission is sort of designed to allow you to change gears from Park to Reverse to Drive. If a light touch on the brakes keeps the car stationary during the gear change, then that is all that is needed.

I am saddened by all the bad advice that is being dispensed to young, new drivers.
When bad weather hits, it often hits hard and with a fury. It's during the wet rainy weather that driving becomes more difficult and challenging. What helps me to be the best and safest driver during wet rainy days with snow and sleet mixed in is RainX Invisible Windshield Wiper.



I am the type of driver who is constantly spraying on windshield washer fluid to remove grime and salty remains from my windows while driving in the winter. I am thankful that Blue-Coral-Slick, Ltd, the manufacturers of RainX products, had the consumer in mind when developing their patented formula found in RainX car care products. The Invisible Windshield Wiper is, in my humble opinion, one of their more superior products.



So, I was driving the other day behind a vehicle that was still snow covered. Apparently the driver was in a hurry to go somewhere and removed a minimal amount of snow, enough to clear his front and rear windshields. Suddenly, although not snowing outside, my windshield was covered with snow and ice that was blowing off of his vehicle.



After putting on my windshield wipers, to my dismay no washer fluid was emitted! The dry wiper blades were no match for the mass of mushy mess that was sticking to my car's windshield, decreasing my visibility every second. I threw on my hazard lights and confidently pulled off the road knowing that I had RainX Invisible Windshield Wiper in the trunk of my car.



What is RainX Invisible Windshield Wiper

I purchased a box of RainX Invisible Windshield Wiper that contained yellow packages of handy ready to use towelettes. These large sized, pre-moistened towelettes are ideal for the situation that I found myself in.



The thick tough twelve inch cloths contain the original magic formula that RainX is known for. The formula, once applied, really does repel rain, sleet and snow, as promised. It is quite impressive when you think about it. One minute I could not see beyond the ice and snow that clung relentlessly to my windshield. The next, I was back on the road seeing through brilliantly clean glass.



Directions and Experience

Using RainX Invisible Windshield is extremely easy, with very little preparation needed. It is suggested to clean and thoroughly dry the surfaces that need to be treated, however, in my emergency situation, I did not. Yet, I have first hand experience that this product works beautifully through dirt, grime and other slush. So, then, you can imagine the superior results if applied correctly!



The special formula in each towelette will last at least one month after applying. Just wipe the entire windshield, mirrors and windows in firm circular motions until dry. I also use the same towelette to treat my headlights and rear lights. RainX works great at restoring the brightness of my headlights, especially after my vehicle has been parked for a day or so, collecting frost, snowy salt and dirt. I live in an area where dirt is applied to the roads after plowing the snow. This is very messy and does decrease the functionality of the headlights.



After the windshield and other glass surfaces are cleaned, it's directed that a second application is performed prior to wiping off with a paper towel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~鈥?

Contact info:

http://www.rainx.com

SOPUS Products, ATTN: RainX Brand Manager

PO Box 2967 Houston, TX 77252-2967

800.844.1080



Customer Service:

800.844.1080

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~鈥?



Final Thoughts and Recommendations

Rain-X Invisible Windshield Wiper is an excellent product that I highly recommend. It has saved me from driving through dirty wet windows on more than one occasion. The handy towelettes are so convenient. I now keep a package in my glove box for such emergencies as I recently experienced.



I am a much more confident driver knowing that RainX will repel rain, sleet, snow and other things that make wet weather driving so challenging. Go get some today.



And, tell them Mimi sent you!





Recommended:

Yes



Ease of Application: Excellent; a breeze to apply and shine - lasts forever