Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier, I have trouble with the wiper motor?

I have had the wiper motor changed 3 times and the wipers stop pointing up on the windshield. I was told that it could be the intermittent switch under the dash. I was also told that this is a common problem, can anyone help me? Thanks
I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier, I have trouble with the wiper motor?
intermitted switch is common problem check for recalls call gm dealer but the problem is in switch
I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier, I have trouble with the wiper motor?
When the wipers stop pointing up,take them off and put them where they should be (in the rest position)and turn them back on and try it.
Your wiper transmission and or park mechanism is screwed up. On this crappy design there is a drive mechanism that is directly bolted to the wiper motor by 1 torx bolt. If this mechanism is broken the wipers will never park in the correct position. Why do they break? Well when you shut off the wipers the mechanism is now synched to move differently and engage a metal detent on the wiper transmission. What happens is that this detent breaks or bends and now the park mechanism does not no where to stop and either breaks or helplessly spins to wherever it feels like going. I would strongly recommend going to the dealer with this problem as they are well aware of this issue. Also tell them to install the support kit that enhances the area where this mechanism stops or you just might be buying another down the road