Thursday, September 15, 2011

Uh is it time to change my windshield wipers?

Pretty much a dumb question because I got my car in october 2004 so just about 5 years ago and i have never changed my windshield wipers :). I can tell they do not work that well and the passenger side one is 1/4 broken like the rubber piece is flopping around. They seem to work decent enough but even at 4-5 years even if it does not rain much i would think people still switch them. I am in the southeast so it does rain enough here. I was just bored and wanted some other opinions. Also what would be around a good price, i went to a store 1 brand was like 18 dollars, rain x was around 9 dollars and another brand was 5. Would it matter what kind i get i know i need the right size but durability wise. Thanks lol!
Uh is it time to change my windshield wipers?
5 years !!! i cant even get my cars to run for that long :)

usually the more expensive last longer but you can get a bargain out there.

i paid 3 euro (bout $5) for my second last set and they worked perfect for a week then went all streaky even though the package said as good as top brands. my latest set were 20 euro ($12 - $15) and are still perfect 6 months on
Uh is it time to change my windshield wipers?
Doesn't really matter what brand but I like Rain X best. I also like to wash my windows with Rain X it seems to help when it is raining. But yeah I'd say your need to change them. It's been five years and one is broke.
I usually replace mine when I see streaking, which averages about every 2 years. The Rain-X wipers are very good. I highly recommend them.