Thursday, September 15, 2011

Can you buy any windshield wipers for your car?

I drive a honda car and I want to change my windshield wipers. Do i have to go to a honda dealership to change it there? or go to any car store and buy it from there?
Can you buy any windshield wipers for your car?
you can go to any car store and buy them there just be careful fitting them . You can cut them to the right length.
Can you buy any windshield wipers for your car?
Go to Walmart. There is a wiper book next to the wipers and it will tell you which ones are for your car.
Ask for help at a parts store.You dont have to go to dealer
autozone or any car parts store will be able to sell you new blades.
Go to your local auto supply store and most of them will change them for you.
You can go to any car store but there is a book that will tell you which wiper will fit your year and model (they might be out temporarily, but they usually carry 2 or 3 brands, its the only way I go)
you can go anywhere you want to buy new wiper blades. You can buy inserts or whole new blade assembly. I will recommend buying the triple blade silicone blades they are gauranteed for the life of your vehicle. They won't break down like normal rubber blades.
Try NAPA or any store that sell auto parts. Wal Mart has an auto department. Also K mart. Flex blades are the best. Use the chart to determine the type for your auto.
there are 2 types... look at the old ones on your car... one of them has 1 rubber track holding it into the wiper... and the other one has 2... just buy whichever one fits.. slide it in, and cut off the excess
its not clear



I tried to go through a carwash today



I think maybe i started a war or something.



I was not allowed to go through the carwash since my window refused to shut
First, check your owner's manual. It should say in there what size of wipers you need. I get mine from Wal-Mart for under $3. As long as you get the right size, it's not going to make a difference where you get them. I wouldn't recommend going back to the dealer just for that, though. They'll charge you an arm, leg, and possibly your first-born child.
They have them at any auto parts store. I got mine changed a couple months ago. You go in and they have a catologue and you look up your car and find out what kind of length, thickness etc. your wipers are...or you can check on your wipers... and buy just the rubber wiper blades or you can replace the whole wiper blade holder thing. depends what you need. Go to pep boys, or other auto parts stores.
no, you can go to any place that sells auto parts. Such as kragen, auto zone, monument car parts etc..
Spend a little more, not the most expensive but don't buy the cheapest either. I bought the cheap ones about six months ago, they were never good, which is bad safety wise. It is just too important not to spend the extra money. Advance Auto parts has some that are about generally about 10 a piece that are great.
You can buy any brand of new wiper blades for your car you just have to make sure you buy the right size - 15, 16, 17, etc. Most stores have a wiper blade book so you can purchase the right size. Use this book and follow the directions on the package to install and you'll be set up in no time.
You don't have to go to the dealer to purchase wiper blades.

But you do need to get the correct blades for your car.

I would suggest going to Pep Boys, AutoZone or any other auto parts store local to you and they can figure out exactly which blades your car needs and they will probably even install them for you if you ask.
The first time I went to Murray's so they could tell me what size the wipers were on my truck. Now I go to walmart or back to Murray's and know what size I need so if you know your size you can go to any store that sell windshield wipers or car parts and you should find what you are looking for.

Good Luck
get them anywhere dont go to a dealer...way overpriced
Auto zone will help you, they will look it up for you I have 2 vehicles and both times they where kind enough to come out and put them on for me