Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What do I have to do to change my wipers over so they become intermittent?

I have a '73 Monte Carlo with two speed windshield wipers, and I want to make them intermittent. Is it possible to swap in the wiper motor from a Caddy or Oldsmobile and change the switch? I don't even know if any Chevys came with that option back then. I'd appreciate detailed answers if this is possible.
What do I have to do to change my wipers over so they become intermittent?
Monte Carlos were available with intermittent wipers that year. If you could find the whole wiper system from another one and swap it that would be the easiest. Try this as a parts source. www.hemmings.com.
What do I have to do to change my wipers over so they become intermittent?
To be honest, all things on a car are possible. A lot of adaptation goes a long way but the question is...will it be worth the money it will cost to convert?