Thursday, September 15, 2011

When should you change your windshield wipers?

when there is any sign of streaking while using them
When should you change your windshield wipers?
you will know...when they bug you cause they aint workin good advance auto will put them on for you..I just did mine.
When should you change your windshield wipers?
If the rubber isn't sopping up the window cleaner or giving you a clean windshield-when operating the wipers in a storm, chances are it is time for new blades. If the rubber is falling off the wipers, you needed to replace some time ago.
You are supposed to change them every 6mo, but I change mine every 12.
IT DEPENDS ON THE CLIMATE YOU LIVE IN. I LIVED IN THE DESERT EAST OF LOS ANGELES A MONTH OF HOT WEATHER WILL RUIN A PAIR OF WIPERS. SO IN GENERAL I WOULD SAY ONCE A YEAR IS A GOOD RULE OF THUMB.
I usually get 6-9 months out of the ones in the front and about 18 months for the rear wiper.